Sunday, May 22, 2011

My mother instilled my love of reading.  For as far back as I can remember, she read to me and I loved it.  I loved reading so much that I remember going into my closet with a flashlight just so I could finish a book that I just couldn't put down.  That happened on many, many occasions. 

I remember going through various phases of book reading.  I fell in love with the Wizard of Oz series, the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew and so many others.  One time all I could do was to devour James Michner novels such as Hawaii and Centennial which were my favorite and they were huge.  Another time, I was caught up in victorian and gothic romances by authors such as Daphne Du Maurier, Victoria Holt, Mary Stewart and Phyllis A. Whitney.  Now I enjoy Nicholas Sparks when I take the chance to read.


Thanks Mom for that gift.