Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Diary Diddle - May 24

1969 - Jimmy and Daddy went to a Ranger Camp today and when they got home, we went to the beach.  It was real nice and the water was just great.  We're going to the Guynn's tomorrow.
-------------------------------------------------------
Note:  Wow, I don't ever remember Dad taking us to the beach.  I don't remember him ever being into that type of activity. 
The Guynn's were our friends in Japan who moved to Panama City Beach, Florida after they came back from Japan.  (See blog entitled "National Train Day")

Sunday 1970 - This afternoon, we went to see Mom in the hospital.  She sure didn't look well.  We girls sat in the waiting room for Aunt Rachel to bring Jimmy back.  Tonight was the Primary play.  Dad went to Madison and took the girls with him.  I took Clayton home tonight cause his parents were gone somewhere.  Solomon family gave me some p.j.s for graduation today and Mr. Bill called me tonight to tell me he was coming for graduation.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Note:  I think this was when Mom was having gall bladder surgery.  Dad was a District Councilman and I have no idea where Jimmy had been.  Mr. Bill was a family friend since I was about 9 years old.  You can read about him in earlier blogs.