Saturday, May 21, 2011

Diary Diddle - May 21

Wednesday - 1969
You talk about having bad days, well today was one.  Tonight at M.I.A. we had the Talent Show.  Well the record we used kept jumping and we wound up trying three times to dance to it and b this time I was so embarrassed and crying.  We never did finish it.  After we got home we found out we'd left our records at the chapel and then I went back and got them.  Now Dad's fussing at me to get in bed since I fell asleep in two of my classes.
------------------------------------------------------------

Note:  Why do I still have this picture?  I don't know.  It shows Joan Allen and me doing our dance.  Don't remember what the song was, but it does look interesting.  Joanie was a single new member of the church who lived with our family while her fiance, Bruce, was spending a year in Vietnam as a fighter pilot.  They married upon his return and were like members of our family. We are still in contact with each other after all these years.  In fact, the Allen family was visiting Mom and Dad for Christmas in 1982 when Corey was born and came home. 




Easter 1981 or 1982?  Joanie and Bruce had come for a visit.  Back row:  Bruce, Joan, Nancy, Cindy (Jimmy's first wife), Jimmy, David and Dad.  I can't name all the other kids, but Mom is in the middle with Jennifer standing between her and Les and then there's me.

Wednesday - 1970
We got our cap and gowns today. They are white and really beautiful. Tonight was the Branch Ice Cream Social. Clayton, Cattell, Isgett, and Partin kids all played baseball for awhile. Then we ate ice cream and cake. Later just before we girls and Jimmy went home, Clayton gave me a kiss. It was on the cheek. Oh boy! He followed us home since Mom wouldn't let him take me home