Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day - 2011

What a beautiful day it is today.  The sun is shining and when we left for church it was about 65 degrees.  It makes you think it's spring in Wyoming.

My Mother's Day started with a phone call from my former "heir-with-no-spare" (he lost that title when Derek was born) a/k/a my little bambino wishing me Happy Mother's Day.  It was short and sweet as church was about to start for him.  I then called my own sweet mother and read her the blog I'd written early this morning.  Oh, how I love her so much.  I'm looking forward to another Mother's Day with her next year.

Then it was time for church for us.  We had Fast and Testimony day today since there was stake conference last week.  For the first time that I can ever remember, there were no talks about mothers or mother's love or anything about moms except if someone mentioned it when they were bearing their testimony.

During the meeting, I did glean a thought that I immediately emblazed on my mind which I consider so true.  It is this...

I may not have been the perfect mom.  But hopefully, I was the perfect one for Corey.  I suppose only time will tell when he looks back on how I raised him and ultimately it will be up to him to decide if I was a successful mom.   I certainly hope he does because he is the best of work I ever created and I'm so proud of him.

At the conclusion of the meeting, all the moms were given a CD which I think is so very nice.  It's something that can be used over and over again.

And then Corey called again this afternoon to let me know what my present was - a 2 year subscription to the Ensign.  Wonderful!  It can be added onto the subscription I presently have and it won't be expiring for almost 3 years.  Thank you Corey and Nikki. 

It's amazing that the older you get, you really do find out that a card or a phone call will suffice as a present because all you really want is for your child to be happy.