Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tai Chi Man

Joe a/k/a Tai Chi Man started classes this afternoon at the Senior Citizen Center.  Tai chi, is a noncompetitive, self-paced system of gentle physical exercise and stretching. To do tai chi, you perform a series of postures or movements in a slow, graceful manner. Each posture flows into the next without pause, ensuring that your body is in constant motion.  The reason the Center offers it is that it is increasingly used as an exercise, performed predominantly by older persons for relaxation, balance and health.
This is TCM doing some preliminary pre-class movements - he called it getting warmed up.


When I went by the Center to Joe up, I was told he was still in class so I stood outside the door and watched for a few minutes .



TCM has informed me that I have to be very vigilant as he is now able to spring around now like a gazelle.  And, I'd better not be sneaking up behind him as he uses some of his new Tai Chi forms such as "Single Whip", "Part the Wild Horses Mane", "Grasp The Peacock's Tail", "Repulse Monkey", hmmm.