Friday, May 20, 2011

Are You Somebody Day


I am the favorite daughter of Jim and Hazel Cattell; the wife of Joe Weaver; the mother of Corey Preston; the mother-in-law of Nikki Preston; the grandmother of Derek Preston; the sister of Nancy Seaman and Susan Tucker and Jimmy Cattell; the favorite niece of Rachel Hale and the niece to many aunts and uncles; the cousin of many cousins.  I am a great friend to several; a good friend to many; a name to hundreds; a surrogate sister, mother, grandmother to others; I want to make a difference in the lives of everyone I meet.  I am many things to many people - I am somebody to several.

Most importantly, I am a child of God, I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me and cares for me.  He, like my earthly parents, forgives me for my mistakes and loves me no matter what I do and blesses me each and every day.

Yes, I am somebody.  I am somebody special and I hope that my life will have made a difference in somebody else's life