Saturday, May 14, 2011

Family Reunions - In The Good Ole Days

These pictures were taken at some of the earliest family reunions that I am pictured at.  This was taken at Grandmother and Granddaddy McGhee's home that sat on top of the hill.  According to notes written by Mom, I am in all of these with some of my cousins.

Grandmother and Granddaddy are sitting in the back left part of this picture...


The lady standing is Grandmother, I believe the woman kneeling below here is Aunt Grace and the woman on the far right is Aunt Alice.



I do remember when the food used to be "spread out" on the trailer like shown in the picture.  Notice the car in the back right by the tobacco barn.

I do remember when I was a little older.  One of the cousins found a match book and so several of us went around behind a barn and started striking the matches.  Everything was just fun and games until, I struck a match and it burned my finger so badly, that I had to go ask for medical help.  So, we all got in trouble!