Monday, May 30, 2011

Diary Diddle - May 29

Friday - 1970

I got $15.00 from Uncle Lorin and Aunt Mary.  Mom came home from the hospital.  Dad and I carried Mrs. Ford's crank bed over for Mom to sleep on.  She sure has been grouchy.  The Ford sisters game me a purse and a very good book entitled "After The Tassel Is Moved".
------------------------------------------------------
Note:  Uncle Lorin and Aunt Mary were Dad's aunt and uncle and just the neatest people.  They used to travel alot while they were alive and seemed to go everywhere.  The seemed to come by and visit with our family once a year.  The last time I saw them alive was when I was in McAllen, Texas doing a training workshop and I had dinner with them one night as that is where they were retired and living at the time.

The Ford sisters - Marguerite and Dorothy were two old maid sisters who lived next to us in Valdosta.  Miss Marguerite was the Guidance Counselor at the high school.