Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Diary Diddle - May 18

1969 - Sunday
I only have two more Sundays left here (Niceville, Florida).  It rained real bad today.  Mom and Dad had to stay after Sunday School and so I had to drive us kids home.  This was the first time I've ever driven in the rain and boy was it scary.  The primary gave its program for Sacrament Meeting tonight.  On June 4, Mom and I are going up to Georgia.
------------------------------------------------------
Note:  Sacrament Meetings used to be held in the evenings before the meeting schedules changed in the 70's because of the gas shortages.


1970 - Sunday
Kenny left this morning.  We went to Tifton for the 50th wedding anniversary of Grandmother and Granddaddy McGhee.  We girls left early and came home, then went to church.  Clayton walked me out to the car and held my hand in the crook of his arm.  I like that guy pretty much.  I addressed graduation announcements and mailed them all.