Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011 - A Thank You Card For You

To My Dear Mom:

Though I can't share this Mother's Day with you this year, I just want to say...


Thank You -
  • Thank you for always being there for me even when you should and could have turned your back on me.
  • Thank you for being a role model and showing me how to be a good mother and wife.
  • Thank you for giving me the joy of music even though you couldn't really sing and neither can I. But, thank you for the memory and love of "The Chocolate Ice Cream Cone" song.
  • Thank you for teaching me how to cook and how to use what's on hand.
  • Thank you for getting me up in the mornings to get to school and seminary (but not for singing "Good Morning, Mary Sunshine).
  • Thank you for making me a hot breakfast every morning (but not the oatmeal with raisins).
  • Thank you for always having a clean home and teaching me to take pride in what it should look like - inside and out.
  • Thank you for doing my laundry for so many years and teaching me how to do my own.
  • Thank you for praying for me...over and over and over and over again.
  • Thank you for finally letting me shave my legs.  And yes, you were right the hair does grow faster and it's not near as much fun as it used to be.
  • Thank you for taking me shopping for clothes.
  • Thank you for listening to my griping and complaining.
  • Thank you for always being my head cheerleader.
  • Thank you for being my chauffeur and then for teaching me to drive even though it literally made you sick.
  • Thank you for the late night talks and wiping away my tears on so many, many occasions.
  • Thank you for helping advice on raising Corey.  Remember you gave him his first bath.
  • Thank you for loving my sweet husband and welcoming him into your heart.
  • Thank you for never saying out loud "I told you so".
  • Thank you for the companionship on out of town trips and vacations.  They wouldn't have been nearly so much fun by myself.
  • Thank you for being there after school with the milk and cookies and a listening ear about my day.
  • Thank you for loving the Gospel and your testimony.  Thank you for the shared moments in the temple.
  • Thank you for always being worthy of your covenants.
  • Thank you for being a voice on the other end of the phone when I needed a listening ear or a comforting thought or someone to just be there saying nothing.
  • Thank you always saying that you are proud of me and that you love me and that I never had to doubt that.
  • Thank you for so many, many other things, but most of all...
  • Thank you for being MY mom.