Sunday, May 15, 2011

Flip Your Mattress Day


Oh, what I wouldn't do for a new mattress and this time it would have to be a king-sized mattress!   Or better still I would LOVE to have a Heavenly Bed just like the one's featured in the Westin Hotels.

When I was doing national trainings for a 10-year period, I was doing extensive traveling and my favorite hotel was the Westin because of their bed.  I was always so excited when that is the hotel the company would book for me.  My favorite one was in Long Beach, California.


Every time I stayed I was able to have one of the rooms which faced the harbor and I could see the Queen Mary ocean liner light up at night and the lighthouse.  The room had full windows from one side to the other and I'd just leave them open at night and enjoy the view.  After all, who was going to climb up the side of that hotel and look in my window?

Anyway, back to the Heavenly Bed.  It always felt like you just sunk into the bedding and was then cradled with the most exquisite pillows and comforter and sheets.  I would always tell Corey about how great they were and then he got the opportunity to experience it himself.

For Corey's 21st birthday, I made reservations for him and me to stay at the Westin Hotel in Atlanta.  I had bought us tickets to go and see Simon and Garfunkle in concert and since we were going to spend the night in Atlanta, I decided to splurge and let him experience the bed.  So he had his and I had mine to wallow around in.  I think that was one of the last times I stayed in one.  I know I could always buy my own.  Unfortunately, they sell for approximately $3,000-$4,000 depending upon what thread count of bedding you purchase.  I don't see that happening any time soon.