Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Today In History...

...June 8, 1786…In New York City, commercial ice cream was manufactured for the first time.

Now this is a holiday that Joe loves to celebrate.  And we did with a visit to TCBY (hey, it's almost ice cream) where they run a waffle cone special every Wednesday night.



This also makes me think about my dad.  He used to have a bowl of ice cream most evenings as a treat, but would always add a big dollop of peanut butter to eat with it.

...June 8, 1984…"Ghostbusters," starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, and Rick Moranis, opened in North American movie theaters.

In November of 2002 I was in New York City for business.  After an afternoon of sight-seeing, I sat down on a bench in Bryant Park to take a rest when suddenly I saw it driving down the street.  It was the car from Ghostbusters.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Then within a few minutes, it passed by me again I think just to make me know that I had seen what I had seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment