Wednesday, June 1, 2011

National Side Dish Day


My favorite side dish?  Anything potato!  Any time, any way, any day...It does not  matter how the potato is prepared.  Mashed, loaded, pan-fried with onions, topped, sauteed, diced, baked, seasoned, chips, twice-baked, potato salad, latkes, soup, roasted, hash browns, french fries, au gratin, creamed, boiled, stuffed, etc.

One of the things my mom used to make used leftover mashed potatoes.  She'd take a frying pan, add some butter (or bacon drippings work real well too), add the leftover potatoes and stir warming them.  Then she'd add some raw eggs - the number depended upon the amount of leftover potato and stir them as the eggs would scramble and blend with the potatoes.  Oh, it was so yummy and that's what I used to make for Corey when he was growing up (unless I used the leftovers to make Shepherd's Pie).
Ahh, fond memories.

2 comments:

  1. I can't figure out how to comment on your temple recommend post, but I love it! What a cool story and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete