Monday, June 13, 2011

Mondays Aren't So Bad Sometimes Like Today

I was chatting on the telephone with my friend Marla telling her I had decided I wasn't going to go into the office for my part-time job this morning.  I had decided that when Joe left for dialysis I was going to stay home so I could get a million-bijillion things done and would be able to do so with no one bothering or interrupting me.

While in the middle of this conversation, the phone rang with great news.  I am now going to be gainfully employed full-time as of next week.  Apparently I must have aced my last job interview or appeared to be extraordinarily pitiful and they felt sorry for me.  Either way, I'll take the job. It's for an RV dealership which states "that they were established in 1976 and since then have become the largest and oldest RV dealerships in the Rocky Mountain region with extremely knowledgeable employees and personalized customer service".  And, as of today, I will one day be one of those extremely knowledgeable employees who offers personalized customer service.

I called Marla back to tell her the wonderful news and she insisted on taking me to lunch to celebrate.  (So much for staying home for a few hours of some extreme house cleaning done to the beat of my jammin' music on the television.  No interruptions of anyone asking me where to find something or listening to a blaring television sprinkled with constant news furnished by CNN, MSNBC, Fox, HLN or listening to stations being flipped and surfed at the beginning of every LOUD commercial break).  Now with Marla's call it was hurry, hurry, hurry and get what I could get down in 60 glorious minutes and then hop into the shower and become a beautifully dressed individual going to lunch with one of her favorite friends.
She told me in advance to pick the place, but since she was the one buying the lunch, I felt it was better for her to do so.  After listing off a half dozen places we decided to go to the Firerock since I'd never been there.  Hey, I'm up to trying new restaurants when possible.  So, we met for lunch.  The hostess was going to sit us at one table and then we asked for a booth.  Because of those two bolded sentences, we wound up with Erica, the cutest young waitress who was "our kind of people" in personality and conversation.  Through discussions throughout our meal, we discovered that Erica who is from Boise, Idaho was a convert to the church but because of some wrong information that someone told her in the recent past, she has not been to church in a while.   It was determined that she would be in Marla's ward and Marla who is in Relief Society presidency can assign her the perfect visiting teachers.  I, who am in the other ward, can provide opportunities to feed the sweet thing and her friends if she desires.  We exchanged phone numbers - all three parties being excited that we had the opportunity to meet each other.  What a coincidence about all of this?!  My co-mommy and I have decided though it was not coincidence at all, but rather providence for us to meet Erica and love her and maybe she will join us in church.  So, we'll be having Erica and Marla over for dinner next week.  Throughout the day I was reminded of a quote that I used to have hanging on my office wall in Georgia which read...

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." 
   
After lunch I headed to the part-time job since I wasn't dressed for housecleaning any longer and I had about an hour before time to pick Joe up from dialysis.  I informed the powers that be that I had secured permanent full-time employment and would be leaving them entirely next week.  I was then offered the opportunity to keep my job and work on it at my own convenience.  Hmmm, additional money - who can't use that?  It's something to consider.

Then ward friends invited us to dinner to celebrate my new employment so off we went this evening to eat at Olive Garden.  It was a very nice pleasant evening, but I am so "fooded out".

So, tomorrow brings another day and if it goes as well as today, I am one lucky and blessed female type person!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Hooray for your full-time job!!! That makes me happy. And I know that Erica couldn't have found a better mamma. Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look I can leave comments now. congrats on the job. Enjoy some food for me. can't remember the last time I went out to dinner.

    ReplyDelete