Monday, June 6, 2011

Gifts From Friends

When we moved to Wyoming 2 1/2 year ago, we didn't know the first sole in the entire state of Wyoming.  Now we've been blessed with wonderful, wonderful friends who do kind and unexpected things for us quite regularly - such as this week.

There is my friend, Marla for instance.  We trade food back and forth on a very regular basis and have done so for many, many months.  The other night she made an apple crisp from some of her apples received in her Bountiful Basket.  I would have shown a picture of it, but it was eaten before I could drag the camera out.

Then there was our home teachers , the Wistisen's who brought us some real processed meat from their ranch.  I know that will taste wonderful!

Two packages of ground beef and one of some steaks!
Then there was another friend, Sherry, who decided to make me a present before she went out of town on vacation.  (She said it was because I'm always so nice to her and her family, but I know that I always come out on the better end of her being nice to me).

Sherry made me a quilted patchwork bag that she said I could use as my "Sunday Bag" for all my goodies.  And, she made it pink not knowing that that is my favorite color.

I'm so grateful and thankful for all my friends who are so kind and generous to Joe and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment