Monday, June 13, 2011

Mom's Diary Diddle

June 12, 1961 - I had the girls hair cut today.  All for only 300 yen.  It is hard to believe.  No more haircuts for me.

This is a picture of a later visit to the beauty salon to get our hair fixed.  Lovely aren't we?

Mom, Nancy, Susan and me, Carol
-------------------------------------------------------------
Note:  Even at today's rate, 300 yen = $3.24.  Wow, really cheap haircuts!


June 13, 1961

Today I made "Tiger" some p.j.'s and went to the commissary.  A very busy day.
------------------------------------------------------------
Note:  "Tiger" was Jimmy.  I don't know how he got that name though.

Susan, age 7, "Peanut", age almost 6, me, age almost 9,  "Tiger" age 2 and the father, age almost 29, parental unit on our way to Japan.  This was at the Grand Canyon or Painted Desert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment