Thursday, June 9, 2011

Diary Diddle - June 9

1969 - Monday
All I did today was clean the house.  I don't like this place very much and I'm homesick for all my old friends.  I'll sure be glad when I meet someone or can sew some dresses.  We got our refrigerator and two fans today. 
----------------------------------------------------
Note:  This was the new house in Valdosta.   I also loved sewing.  I used to design my own patterns to sew.  If I saw a dress in a shop that I like, but couldn't afford, I'd draw a picture and go home and make it.  The majority of my sewing was done on the little Singer sewing machine that my Mom got a year before I was born.  I still have that and cherish it.

1970 - Tuesday
What a great day!!  I found out this afternoon that I was selected to go to Utah to a special conference in Salt Lake City, August 22-26.  I also still get to go to youth conference.  Tonite at M.I.A., Mary asked me if I wanted to go down to Pensacola with her Thursday and Friday.  I get to go with her.  At M.I.A., we went to Gilberg's and looked at material for the roadshow costumes.  I went ahead and got mine.  It's dotted swiss.
-------------------------------------------------------
Note:  Mary was a friend who was looking for a teaching job in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment