Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My First Temple Recommend


46 years ago, my family went to the Tokyo mission home to get our temple recommends.  I was almost 13 years olf and it was going to be my first one.  The cherry blossoms were in bloom and I got the family to pose for a picture. 

I was quite the photographer even then using my little Brownie Hawkeye camera and even knew how to develop my own pictures as Mr. Bill had taught me how.
Cherry blossoms in bloom.  Unfortunately, my camera only took black and white pictures back then.

We went to visit a Japanese garden park across from the mission home.  Left to right - Nancy, Jimmy and Susan.

Jimmy was trying to catch some of the fish in the pond.

The mission home.  During World War II it was a home which had a bomb dropped all the way through it.

My first temple recommend signed by the branch president and the mission president.  How times have changed since we would not ordinarily have the mission president sign it now.