Thursday, June 16, 2011

Today In History...

June 16, 1960…The Alfred Hitchcock movie "Psycho," starring Anthony Perkins, Janet Leigh, Vera Miles, John Gavin, and Martin Balsam, had its world premiere in New York City.

One of the scariest movies I've ever seen in my life.  I yelled out loud "No!  Don't go to the top of the stairs"!!!  I was afraid to take a shower for the longest time.

When I was between 16-17 years old, the entire Young Women's program had a sleepover one night.  Someone decided we should go to the movie and we decided to go to the base theater.  Psycho was playing and we all went into the theater and lined up near a back row.

Long story short, there was a lot of screaming; some girls didn't make it till the end of the movie; I was slouched so far down in my chair I could barely see the screen and then when the stair scene came, some guy laid his hand on my shoulder and I came up out of my chair with a bloodcurdling scream.

They just don't make 'em like they used to.



Did I mention that no one slept that night?

No comments:

Post a Comment