Monday, June 20, 2011

Today In History...

June 20, 1975…Steven Spielberg's "Jaws," starring Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss, Lorraine Gary, and Murray Hamilton, opened in North American movie theaters.


I saw this movie with Aunt Ruth while I was living at her home in Jacksonville.  What a heart-pounding, terrifying movie this was.  It's really quite tame by today's standards, but made you stop and think about going swimming in something other than a pool.  The next day I went to the beach and would not get in any water deeper than my toes!  It was also reported that the film was credited with reduced beach attendance in the summer of 1975.
That's me heading towards the water.  Someone must have been yelling, "No, don't go in the water!  It's loaded with sharks - man-eating sharks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment