Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This is better than the tooth fairy...

This morning as I prepared to venture into the -25 degree weather to go start my car, I was greeted with a pleasant surprise. The snow shovel fairy had cleared our sidewalk all the way from the door to the street, as well as the sidewalk in front of the house. I stared in awe and amazement as this had been done sometime during the time of 10:00 p.m. last night till 4:30 a.m. this morning. And yes, I began to cry with deep appreciation for whoever this wonderful person had been.

As you may recall, I had shoveled basically a walking path for me Sunday morning with a great deal of effort and rewarded with aches and pains in various body parts. So to see the entire sidewalk made clear of snow by someone was very overwhelming. I've said it before and will say it again...we are and have been truly blessed in so many ways since our move here. I don't know what our purpose in being here is as I feel the job was just the conduit to get us here, but someone is making sure that we are well provided for in so many ways.

Before heading out to my car I had a deeply thoughtful and personal conversation with my Heavenly Father. One of the things I did say to him was that I would not like a repeat of yesterday by getting the car stuck again! Five times yesterday was quite enough! I told him that I realized he had better things to do then worry about my concern about becoming stuck this morning, but I really would appreciate the opportunity of just making it to the main street without any problems. So, as I pulled away from the curb I waited to see what would happen. Would I have enough faith that he would answer my prayers? As I approached the some hill to the main street, I kept saying to myself "up the hill, up the hill, up the hill", never letting my foot off the gas pedel and voila' I made it with no problems. Waa hoo! And after that, the rest of the drive to the parking lot was a piece of cake. However, this evening coming home turned into another nightmare. All went fine as far as driving until I turned into our neighborhood and got stuck again. After finally having several guys push me out, I got stuck again. To make a very long, stressful story short - 50 minutes later I finally arrived home. I've decided that as long as the weather is like it is on our street, I am going to park across the highway at the shopping center and walk home. It's got to be better than going through this "fun" everyday. Now, I've got to hope and pray I make it out to the main street in the morning without getting stuck again. Now where did I put my lucky rabbit's foot, four leaf clover and lucky bra? Hmmmm.

What can I take away from all of this? Simply three words...I am loved. I am loved by some unknown earthly being and I am loved by a heavenly being. Yes, I am blessed. Yes, Joe and I are very blessed.

3 comments:

  1. you are blessed and for that so are the people around. you are blessed by their service and they are blessed for it, so its all good. do like i do on thos edays and just think of the ones at home that are waiting for you. they are always a good reason to smile on a crappy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are blessed and for that so are the people around. you are blessed by their service and they are blessed for it, so its all good. do like i do on thos edays and just think of the ones at home that are waiting for you. they are always a good reason to smile on a crappy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry that went twice but we both know im NO good at this, anyway, have a great day. love you mom!

    ReplyDelete