Saturday, January 10, 2009

We Had Our First Official Visitors

We had our first official visitors today. This morning my Relief Society President, Pat Fonnesbeck, and a friend of hers, Jan Warr, came to visit with me. They brought me a welcome to their Relief Society gift bag full of goodies. There was a R.S. newsletter, a listing of the Ward and Stake contacts, a listing of the R.S. sisters, a candle, a candy bar, a magnetized ward leaders listing for the refrigerator and a hand towel (which I will tell about in another blog).

When Sister Warr walked in she looked familiar to me and me to her. During the course of our conversation, we realized that we had met each other at a Wyoming rest area back in October when we'd first come to Casper. She and her husband are missionaries serving at Martin's Cove. http://www.mormonhistoricsitesregistry.org/USA/wyoming/natrona/martinsCove/history.htm So see, you never know who you might run into at anytime, anywhere.

Then this evening, we had more company. It was the sister missionaries this time. They stayed and visited until it was time for them to leave for an appointment. I think they will be coming for dinner one day next week.

After everyone left this evening, I told Joe that no longer would we be able to chase each other around the house in our undersquares since we don't know when someone could be stopping by anytime. See that's what happens when people know you're in town, huh?

(BTW...we found out what our new church hours are since it's the beginning of the new year...1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)

2 comments:

  1. wow, odd hours but would be kind of nice at the same time, sleep in, have a brunch or early lunch and then get "fed" again with the gospel. do ya'll like those hours ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am really going to like these new hours. As you said, we can sleep in until whenever, get dressed unrushed, read the Sunday paper, piddle around, etc. However, when we get out of church it feels like it's almost dark and there is no "Sunday Afternoon Nap" anymore, but I'd rather sleep in.

    So, all in all I think I'm really going to enjoy this time.

    ReplyDelete