Monday, January 12, 2009

Where's Your Boots Dummy!

Let's refresh our memories, shall we? Hmmm, a week ago today was when I got stuck halfway up a snow/ice covered hill in my car praying that I could just make it back down to the bottom and start all over again. That day wound up being a pretty emotional one when it came to driving for me.

Well here it was the beginning of another day. When I went to bed last night, the forecast said "light snow" over night and that would be gone by noon today and the temperature in the 30's. So, when getting dressed this morning I thought I dressed accordingly. I had looked out the window and yes, it had snowed but didn't look too deep or bad, so I decided to wear my tennis shoes. WRONG IDEA!!! I didn't wear any boots. WRONG IDEA!!! I stepped outside and immediately lost sight of my shoes. I didn't think too much about it. After all, what's a little snow? By the time I reached the car it was heavily snowing and the wind began to blow. When I got to the office parking lot and got out to get in one of the trucks, it was snowing so hard that my dark coat had taken on a lighter shade and my shoes were getting really cold and wet.

Then Mother Nature threw in a new weather element for me...total whiteout driving on the interstate. My boss lady almost had to stop several times as we couldn't see anything in front of us on multiple occasions. There were sheets of solid white blowing snow and it was a very surreal feeling like you had been placed inside a giant bag of cotton balls. I told everyone in the truck we had nothing to fear as I had asked God to bless me in my travels today and since they were with me, all would be well. We did make it to work - late but we got there.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I can't complain about our cold weather! We are supposed to get down to 17* on Saturday. We'll see if it actually happens.

    ReplyDelete