Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wholly Molly Sunday

I am really beginning to thoroughly enjoy Sundays. It's soooo nice being able to sleep in, do some leisurely things around the house, read the Sunday paper with coupons, etc. all before going to church.

However, the only above thing I did was sleep in a little. It snowed yesterday (a lot) and over night it REALLY snowed (A LOT). So, I went out to shovel the sidewalk and around my car so that I could get to it when it was time to go to church. Did I mention we don't have a snow shovel yet? I had to use a regular flat head shovel. Not something I want to do all the time and it's time to invest in a snow shovel!

I left Joe at home while I went to church since he's not allowed out of the house for awhile. The drive to church was unbelievable. I was beginning that I wouldn't be able to make it there. The roads had not been plowed, especially the ones around the church and the snow was still coming down fast and furious. In fact, when church was over, I had to use my snow broom and clean off my windows before I could leave the parking lot.

We've had so much snow that I decided to stick a 12" ruler into the snow that had been accumulating on our table in the back yard. Before I left for church it was 6" deep/after church 7" deep. I just looked outside before going to bed and by morning it might be covered! Stay tuned for pictures. BTW...we are now in the actual minus degrees with windchill of about -20 degrees. Going to work is going to be lots of fun in the morning - long john time!
--------------------------------------
I really enjoy attending church here. I've tried to figure out why. I think it's because I'm looking for and needing a connection of a new "family". Maybe it's because everyone is new to me and I don't have any expectations of what I expect from them. Maybe it's because the prelude to church is uncomplicated and relaxing. Whatever the reason, I am feeling a sense of peace and contentment.

2 comments:

  1. Brrr! That brings back memories. We have been offline for the past week or more and didn't hear about Joe until yesterday at church. Sorry to hear about his fall - we hope that he is doing better.

    On the plus side, winter is on the downhill slide. By late February or March, you should start seeing some hints of Spring. We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen taught RS Sunday for the first time. It went well, she was a bit anxious. Donna Bohannon is pregnant and Michael has surgury for his tumor next month. Gretchen pickpocketed some lip gloss from Cynthia's sweater last weeek and we almost lost it laughing on the back row. Have you met any interesting characters yet?

    ReplyDelete