Sunday, January 18, 2009

What A Blessed Weekend


After having a very stressful week with the unexpected happenings with Joe (more about that in another blog), a loss of over $300 in my paycheck (they'd been paying me too much), I dropped a vial of Joe's insulin and broke it, found out we had almost $400 worth of unexpected deposits that had to be paid and our heating bill, with the new deposit, was over $500, it was a true blessing to have Corey, Nikki and Derek come for an unexpected visit. Corey and Nikki were able to do things for me that I either couldn't do for myself or I was just too worn out to be able to complete at this time. One of the major things they did was "plug" up holes in the house where I had discovered the Wyoming wind could find. Our heating bill was extremely high this last month and any improvement in stopping air would be very helpful. So Nikki placed plastic window kits on several of the windows and Corey caulked and weather-stripped lots of airways. Joe supervised while sitting in his chair and I, of course, had to keep an eye on Derek!

It was a blessing having the kids take away some of the pressure I was feeling. They were there to buoy me up with conversation and laughter. Corey also helped me give Joe a real shower as I would not have been able to do so all by myself.

And today was a really blessed day. Before leaving this afternoon, my son took me into my bedroom and gave me a priesthood blessing. That is the first time he's ever done so and what a wonderful blessing it was. I felt such a sense of relief and also pride as a mother that my son was able to do so for me.

I planned on going to church today, even though Joe was not able to do so. I needed to go so badly for myself. I can't remember the last time that I felt it was absolutely imperative that I be in church. I felt it necessary to be among my new church family and so I made sure I was there. (And yes, I did feel comfortable and amongst friends).

Before I left though, our landlord, Leonard, and his wife, Barbara, and their two daughters stopped by and brought us a roasted chicken and potato salad for our dinner. How kind was that for them to think of us?

So yes, it was a blessed weekend. The kids got to try out the new sofa sleeper and Derek had his own sleeping spot in the office, so everyone fit well enough, even with the one bathroom. How much luckier could I get?

1 comment:

  1. I don't envy your heating bill! Those deposits will kill you.

    ReplyDelete