Friday, January 9, 2009

First Friday Home

Today was another great day. I spent most of the morning painting doors in the house. Why? Our landlord didn't get them painted before we moved in, so we asked him to drop off some paint and we'd do it ourselves. Now they're done and look great.

This was my first Friday that I've spent all day at home since moving in. Every Friday thus far had been spent running errands, doctor's appointments, etc.

All went well today hanging things on the wall, rearranging items and general organization until just a little while ago. I was standing on the step stool, lost my balance and fell against a rickety bookshelf I'd bought at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. It broke and I discovered I'd cut a really big U-shape gash in my left big toe. No, I'm not going to the doctor - it's the wimp thing so I'll be soaking it and cleaning it and bandaging it.

As we're settling in, I discover from time to time items that I wish we had brought with us, but we didn't know what we would need once we moved in. For example, we realized tonight that we left our large first aid kit hanging on the bathroom door, I apparently gave away our large cutting board, some of the antique sold furniture, etc. But things can be replaced, it will just take time.

I will admit that I am enjoying living in our little house. It is slowly becoming our home and I look forward to living here for quite awhile. We don't really need anything larger (well, a third bedroom and a larger kitchen would be nice). If we had a larger house than we would feel as though we had to buy more. I love the location and feel fortunate to have this house since housing is still at a premium here in Casper, we are blessed. In fact, we are blessed in so many ways and I am enjoying my new life here. But, I do miss the opportunities to see and visit those left behind in Georgia.

2 comments:

  1. stop climbing on stuff !! you aren't close enough for any of us to rush over and help you up !!
    i am happy to hear you are enjoying your new home and learning to love your ward, we miss you all terribly here but you are only a blog away. love you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys too. It's still strange walking into our church meetings and not knowing everyone - especially family and close friends.

    ReplyDelete