Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Word Is...

Jennifer's recent blog talked about her word of the year and asked for ours. After careful contemplation (about a couple of minutes worth), my word for the coming year would probably be ADJUSTMENT. Here's why...

Adjustment: the process of adapting to something; adjusting to circumstances; the act of making something different.

These are my adjustments for the coming year...

1. Adjustment to living in a new state and a new town.
2. Adjustment to living in a much smaller home. I can see one end of the house from the other end.
3. Adjustment to a new job in a new field since I knew nothing about the oil business before a month ago.
4. Adjustment to a new church family. Will I grow to love them as much as my old church family? I hope so since they are the only one I will have.
5. Adjustment to the weather. I won't elaborate on that since many of my blogs talk about that all important subject.
6. Adjustment to not knowing my neighbors.
7. Adjustment to not having my friends near me other than on the internet.
8. Adjustment to my time schedule.
9. Adjustment to the realization that Corey, Nikki and Derek are just down the road. (Well, almost).
10. Adjustment to having some anticipated free time. Maybe I will finally get back to enjoying a good book again.
11. Adjustment to it being just Joe and I (and the furry kids) in our little family group here. No more hopping over to Mom and Dad's or Susan's or Nancy's or seeing other relatives.

Yes, adjustment seems to be the appropriate word for me in the coming year.

1 comment:

  1. We always enjoy reading your posts. The adjustment reminds me of when we moved to Georgia (without the snow and ice, of course). I'm just glad we don't have to do it with covered wagons or handcarts. Good luck, and we hope spring comes early for you this year.

    ReplyDelete