Monday, January 26, 2009

What A Day!!!

It snowed again last night and added to the snow we'd already had the preceding two days. It wound up being a very stressful day for me all in all. Why? I got the car stuck in the snow three times before I ever got out of our neighborhood and once when I reached the office parking lot. I couldn't get the car to move out of the snow no matter what I did. Luckily for me, someone upstairs heard my prayer and provided me with a couple of angels. Two men came by in a truck and got me out of the snow three separate times in three separate places. They wanted to make sure I made it to the highway. Then the parking lot hadn't been plowed and I was stuck again and pushed out into another area.

It snowed most of the day in the field. In fact, a snow blower was even used to clear some of the snow from around the office. I never stepped outside until it was time to head home and then it began again...

I was praying for a quick, safe trip home. I had run through my mind the best route to drive home that did not have me driving over the center of the street where the snowplow would have piled up the snow. I was driving to the stoplight across from our neighborhood, turning right, turning around in a parking lot and then back to the stoplight so I'd be back on the right side of the street. That way all I had to do was make a right hand turn into our neighborhood. All went well until the turn into our neighborhood and, yes, I got stuck again. After several minutes of trying to move, another angel man showed up and got me going.

I was never so happy to finally arrive at home. When I did though I got the shovel and shoveled around the car with hopes of helping me get away from the house in the morning. Hopefully there has been enough traffic to beat some of the snow down by morning.

With all this being said, I am heading to bed to recuperate from all of the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment