Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Driving That Big 'Ole Truck

It was a great day. The weather was almost warm by Wyoming winter standards - 27 degrees this morning and no wind blowing. And then it got up to the middle 40's, but then the wind started so that cooled things down.

I had a great day at work. Did my first full day of work that kept me extremely busy all day. I love that! The day goes by so much faster for me. Anything that makes a 10 hr. day go by faster is wonderful. And, today I drove one of the big 4 wheel drive, extended cab trucks all by myself. I had to stop and laugh to myself today and recalled the song that says "If they could see me now"! I was wearing a sweatshirt, jeans and boots to work (and with windblown hair). We all dress for function, not fashion out in the oilfield.

Life seems to be settling into some type of routine which I am enjoying at the moment. I still come home and do some more organizing of the house, but the unpacking is primarily done and we are settling in now.

So as part of that routine, it's time to go to bed since 4:00 a.m. comes very early.

1 comment:

  1. You will come home for the reunion looking like a crazy mountain woman. Do you still put on mascara and lipstick per Aunt Ruth?

    ReplyDelete