Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What Beauty I Beheld


Life is settling into a wonderful routine. I love routine!!! It's a wonderful thing for me at this time in my life. For so many months I've felt so rushed and stressed and feeling like I had virtually no time to just sit and do nothing. Even when I wanted to watch TV, I felt as though I had to be doing something at the same time - that there was no time to just relax. Not any more!!! Though I'm up at an incredibly awful time each morning and then leave home and don't return for 13 hours, it's so worth it for this downtime. And though I no longer stay up until midnight like I used to, it's okay as I fall into sleep and sleep all night long (with earplugs in my ears).

It was another good day, but the end of this good day was like icing on the cake when I witnessed one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. I took a picture, but the picture wouldn't begin to do justice. Think of the most glorious shade of light aqua blue and throw in some rosy pink clouds hanging over snow covered ridges and you might begin to understand this most beautiful sight. Wyoming has some of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever witnessed. The only sadness was that no one I love was and was able to experience this with me. It's incredible to me how in the midst of all the routine, mundane things we may encounter each day, our Heavenly Father gives us such a beautiful gift to renew our appreciation for life.

2 comments:

  1. I feel that way when I get up and see the big moon. I just want to share it with everyone else but for some reason they don't seem happy at waking at that hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys! I hope things are going well for you and that the Lord blesses you two in abundance:)

    ReplyDelete