Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Satisfying Saturday

I really love days like today. I got to sleep in since I had NO obligations anywhere although I still woke up around 4:00 a.m. But, I did go back to sleep. Then when I finally decided it was time to get busy, I laid on the bed and made lots of phone calls to family and friends back in the deep south. It's so hard to make them during the week because of the two hour time change.

Now that the house is pretty well organized, it only takes a few minutes to put things to right and then I'm done housecleaning!!! I'm beginning to enjoy my little home more and more every day. I've even gotten so organized I plan my meals out for the week. Life is good people!!!

I was waiting for the weather to heat up a little, so when the temperature finally made it to 10 degrees, I took my shower so I could run a couple of errands. We had snow yesterday, but it really began snowing today. The most snow I've seen come down since our move. I went to Big Lots to check out some storage shelves and when I came back out, my car windows were covered in snow. So, I reached into the back seat and got my handy-dandy snow broom and cleaned them off. I decided I'd better not press my luck by running another errand and better get home. So I did. Besides the sister missionaries were coming for dinner and I knew I'd better get busy on something for dinner.

It was a very pleasant time with them and then Joe and I spent the evening watching the new episode of "Lost". So, I've had sheer contentment for the day. No muss, no fuss.

BTW, when turning off the lights in the living room, I went to the front door and opened it up. Still snowing outside, in fact, when the storm door opens, there is so much snow piled up outside the door that it pushes a path. And we're supposed to get several more inches in the next couple of days. Going to church will be an experience tomorrow afternoon as long as I avoid the hills!

Yes, it was a satisfying Saturday.

1 comment: