Sunday, February 1, 2009

What A Difference One Week Makes!

Last Sunday we woke up to snow, lots of snow. The temperature was also very cold. I was beginning to wonder if I was even going to make it to church as the street in front of our home was almost impassable. These are some pictures I took last week to demonstrate how Mother Nature was treating us...
This is what it looked like in the lane behind our house. This is where I had to walk to take out the trash.
The view behind our house. The left hand window is the bathroom. The right window is in the kitchen.
Before I left for church, I took a picture of a ruler that I had inserted in the snow to measure how much snow had fallen. It read 6" deep. After returning from church three hours later, it read 7". Then the next morning before leaving for work, I took the following two pictures. It read almost one foot deep. Eventually, the ruler was covered up entirely.
Look at how nicely the snow is piled up on top of our table!
This is how the snow was piled up when I finally got the back gate opened so I could take out the trash. I cannot tell you how many times during last week that the snow came up over the top of my boots.
These are pictures of the silly furry kids. I took some of the pictures through the blinds in the kitchen so they wouldn't move. They took turns sitting under the table so the snow wouldn't fall on them.
Look at the snow falling on the furry kids' backs.
This is a icicle that I knocked off the corner of the house. It measured 36" long and was about the size of a cereal bowl wide. In other words, it was very LARGE and would most likely hurt someone badly if it fell on you.
Finally, the snow began to melt and this is what happened. Lots of icicles. These are our bedroom windows. And the other window is our bay window in the living room.

And lucky me...everything is now turning to ice so there was a little slipping and sliding when going to church (both in the car and out of the car).

Hey, tomorrow is Ground Hog Day. Wonder if there will be six more weeks of winter or is spring around the corner? I'm crossing my fingers for the demise of winter.

1 comment:

  1. Carol , did you know that if the groundhog sees his shadow, there will be 42 days of winter? If he doesnt see his shadow, there will be only 6 more weeks of winter! Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete