Saturday, February 7, 2009

No Gasoline Blues For Me


I don't mean to brag or gloat, but as of yesterday it has been THREE weeks since I put gas in my car and I still have way over 1/4 tank left which should take me to week FOUR.

It's extremely rough driving a total of 7 miles to the work parking lot and back for the four days per week. And then there are the trips to church on Sunday, the trips to Wal-Mart, the doctor's office, the hospital, the grocery store, etc.

After all the years of driving back and forth to Valdosta, the scales have definitely tipped in my favor and I'm loving this. And, I get to sit in another vehicle and be driven to work - it's like being chauffeur driven each time. Yep, life is good (and cheap when it comes to my gas consumption).

3 comments:

  1. Gotcha beat, big sister. I only have a 1/2 mile to go to work, can get up at the lae hour of 7:00 and still be at work early. Unless I go out of town, I go all month on a tank of gas. Please I have NO SNOW to shovel!! I still love ya, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized today while driving to church that although I've now gone over three weeks on the same tank of gas, I should have had considerably more gas in my tank than I do. But then I realized that there were those mornings my car had to warm up for about 20-30 minutes in the sub zero temperatures and then there were those many times of being stuck in the snow. That used up LOTS of the gas. I might could have gone for a couple of months on the same tank if not for those unforseen problems. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still check the price everytime I go by the Enmark. Daily trips to seminary, doctor office, CVS. I thank the Lord everyday for sending us to this house so close to everything.

    ReplyDelete