Monday, February 23, 2009

They Turned Me Loose!

It finally happened! I was turned loose in a pickup truck today all by myself. The girl that normally picks up the mail for the oilfield was out today and I was asked to go get the mail. It's about a 2 1/2 mile drive from the office to the highway mailbox so off I went. The first obstacle was getting into the truck. It's not made for short people such as myself. Thank goodness no one was looking (as far as I know). Then the next thing was the drive itself. Because of all the snow and ice, we've had a lot of melting taking place because of some warmer temperatures. Thus, the entire oilfield is one big muddy, sloppy mess. Kinda reminds me of what the good ole boys would use for boggin'.

So, I took off having to be aware of possible antelope attacks, sliding off the road, etc., but I made it even though there were a couple of times I thought I'd have to put in in 4 wheel drive. Who'd thunk I'd be doing all this a few short months ago? NOT ME!

1 comment:

  1. You wild woman, I am going to stay out of your way. Next thing we know you will be a gun-slinging, pistol toting modern cowgirl.

    ReplyDelete