Sunday, March 1, 2009

Alas, Not The Weekend I Was Planning

I had high hopes for this weekend. But, you know what they said about the "best laid plans" - they usually get screwed up!!! And, mine did. Wednesday night after getting off work, I hurried home to get Joe ready and go get his a "store bought" haircut since he really needed one. All went well until I realized when I went to bed that I'd pulled something in my back.

So, Thursday morning I hobbled off to work and stayed that way all day long. It was supposed to be a most glorious weekend (and it has been weather wise - the best we've had since moving here). I had planned on having lunch with a couple of new friends on Friday, pay bills and no other big plans for the rest of that day. Saturday morning I was going to get up, give each of the dogs a bath and then was going to pack up the furry kids and Joe and we were going to hit the highway. I planned on showing them where I worked, find a place for the furry kids to run until their tongues hung out (possibly chasing prairie dogs) - it was going to be wonderful!

But, that all changed when I didn't go for the lunch on Friday, but rather stayed in bed doped up, as well as Saturday. That was until I had to make a run to Wal-Mart 9:30 p.m. for a plunger and some RidX as our toilet wasn't flushing properly. It's a good thing that I don't know alot of people here yet. Do you know what two days of "bedhead" looks like?!?!? It isn't pretty at all!!! And I'd thrown on a preworn pair of jeans, a blouse with no bra and my boots and coat. I looked lovely to say the least.

Once I'd doctored the toilet, I doped myself up again and went back to bed. So here it is the Sabbath, I never made it to church and the only reason I'm up now writing this is that I'm waiting for Leonard Landlord to show up and unplug my toilet!!! We won't go into descriptions about that at this time. Let's just say that the new plunger ain't doing its job!

So off I go to work again tomorrow after a restful three days. Yeah, right!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Bill Cosby's monolouge of people who are so glad to get back to work on Monday because their time off was not well spent.We were watchingit yesterday, such classic stuff. We make Jed watch and learn.

    ReplyDelete