Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Glittering

I experienced another new weather phenomenon the other morning at work. I call it "glittering". I looked out my office window and then went outside to really experience it. The only way to describe it in layman's terms is it is like God is in the heavens and he's pouring out white glitter. I had previously seen how the frost attached itself to the prairie grass and the snow, but I'd never just seen it shimmering down from the sky. As I understand it, what was really happening is that the air is so wet that this are like miniature ice crystals that is like snow that is not formed and reaching the ground. Whatever the reason, it is an incredible sight and although I tried to take a picture of it, it just wouldn't show up. For that I am sorry that I can't share this beautiful sight with you. Shucky darn!
The bottom picture shows the view from my office overlooking a field totally covered in the glittery frost. It is truly an incredible sight in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment