Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Busy Week - Part 1

MONDAY... morning started out in the usual way - get up at 4 a.m. and prepare for another week of work. However, it went downhill from there. I apparently got hit with some 24-48 hr. stomach bug once I arrived at work. Do you know what it's like to be about an hours drive away from home, without your car, without any medication and feeling like you were on the verge of dying? Unfortunately, I do. Someone at the field had to go into town though and stopped to buy me something for my upset stomach. But things didn't seem to improve and luckily for me, I hitched a ride into town about 1:00 and went straight home and to bed and stayed home TUESDAY too. Now that was a bummer as Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day. I had planned my ensemble for work which included my green beads and bringing everyone green pistachio cupcakes. But alas, that never happened. Oh well, there is always next year.

WEDNESDAY... I was feeling much better and made it all day at work. Then after coming home, I had to make 100 cupcakes for the Relief Society Birthday party Thursday night. I discovered I had only kept (1) 12 muffin and (1) 6 muffin pan so it was a long evening of baking, but the house smelled good!
THURSDAY night I hurried home, gathered my cupcakes and left once again for a very successful evening. We had approximately 50 women there and all seemed to have a good time. The theme was "Getting To Know You" and so we played a circulating game where they had to find out something about each one of the sisters. We also had a potato bar and a cupcake bar which made them get up and move around for their food. And yes, I did warn them that I would be taking pictures that might appear on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment