Monday, March 23, 2009

Who Said It Was Spring?!?!?


This is what the door at the end of my hallway looked like iced up from all the blowing snow.



Scenes from outside my office with buildings and scenery slowing disappearing.


































We finally got to leave the oilfield and this is what it looked like from the backseat.




























































Home sweet home!












The neighborhood
A potty break for the furry kids


















Our tree in the front yard slowing disappearing.






















This is what it looked like after pushing open the front door.































The rose bush in our front yard.

















How does that table hold so much snow?!?! That's a pair of Joe's tennis shoes he left on the table over the weekend.













The backdoor snow.
















The backyard. Can you see where the dogs have been?




















Our temperature was 76 on Saturday. I didn't wear a coat or a sweater to church yesterday for the first time since it was another high 60's afternoon. But this was all like the calm before the storm!!! Because IT happened this morning. The blizzard happened. I've never been in a blizzard so this was quite a day.

I got up at my normal time and did my normal routine. The weather forecasters had said it would start snowing about 3 am, but the storm was running behind. I rode with Steve and Kevin out to the field in government Teri's truck (she's in Hawaii this week) and by the time we got to the field, Mother Nature had started cranking it up. By 8 am, Trina and Mary had left the office as the roads north were being closed and that's where they live. We finally got the word that the oilfield was being closed, so Kevin, Steve and I loaded up in the truck and started for Casper.

Wow, what a ride home! It took us over two hours after leaving the oilfield to get to Casper. I have now truly experienced a blizzard and it ain't pretty! The interstate had not been cleared and due to the blowing snow and white out conditions, the road felt like you were driving in the middle of an unplowed field.

3 comments:

  1. I'll bet your coworkers think you are nuts taking all these snow pictures. They must think you have never seen snow before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, they're used to it by now (and yes they probably do think I'm nuts). Lots of pictures I take though they don't know about so that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina RitchieThursday, April 09, 2009

    Stop, You are making me homesick. I miss snuggling up next to the fire and watching a blizzard out the window. Ahh, memories.

    ReplyDelete