Monday, April 6, 2009

How Time Flies...

Mom and Dad always said that the older you get, the faster time flies. I believe that! It seems as though the last few days have been enveloped by the weather and work. Monday through Thursday is devoted almost entirely to work since so many hours are spent away from home. Fridays have been set aside for doctor visits and running errands. By the time Saturday rolls around, it's spent doing nothing primarily because of the weather. Such was the case this weekend - another round of all day snowing and no real reason to get out and see if I could manage to get stuck in the snow.

So in a nutshell this is what has happened since my last blog...the kids came to visit which was fantastic though it was a very short trip. Derek is getting so big now with new teeth, jabbering away and even taking first steps. How exciting for me, him and them! Corey brought us a load of firewood and we've made use of some of it to build a fire in our woodstove. Sure made the house warm and cozy during the almost daily snowstorms. Joe has been released by his doctor, but goes back in four weeks for a checkup. I had my 6 month mammogram as a follow-up and all is well. I don't go back for another for a whole year! Hopefully Joe and I won't be seeing doctors anytime soon and for a very long time.

We've fed missionaries and friends twice in the last couple of weeks. Joe went to his first priesthood broadcast with one of his buddies Saturday night leaving me all alone in the house for the first time. (It was great, but very quiet). We watched conference on our television set in our jammies! That was outstanding! I've fixed meals or dishes for others who were in need for about three weeks in a row. But, how could I not since we've been so blessed by the kindness of others.

So, life is still great. I still love living here. I still look forward to whatever is going to happen in the future and experiencing it with Joe.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to have the main topic of conversation be the weather? That means the rest of your life must be pretty much under control. We are hoping to be able to egg hunt Sunday if the ground is still dry. At least the grass is high because we haven't been able to cut it. We will be finding eggs all year. We found five a couple of weeks ago when we dug up some bushes. Who knows how many yeas they had been hidden.

    ReplyDelete