Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snuggling


A personal observation - so read on at your own risk...

I used to love to snuggle. You know what I mean. Cradle up next to the one you love - sometimes called "spooning". I always thought it was the greatest feeling in the world. I used to love to snuggle up behind Les, put my arm over his tummy, situate "the girls" just so and drift off to sleep. He said he could always tell when I was really ready for sleep when I'd kiss his back and rollover to my side of the bed. I did this for basically 22 years until the last year of our marriage when he wouldn't let me snuggle anymore. That was when I knew something was wrong, that something just wasn't right. And it wasn't.

Many times I've stated that when Les left, he took my "warm and fuzzies" with him meaning I lost the love and affection I've felt for people in general. He took away my feelings that I could ever really love again. That was until I met Joe.

Joe saved me. He did so in so many ways. He taught me that I was lovable in spite of myself. He taught me patience. He taught me about true love and sacrifice. He taught me that he loved me even when I did everything to push him away and out of my life. He hung in there with me and made me love again.

After almost five years of marriage, I noticed something a few weeks ago. I had started snuggling with Joe. It was not a conscious move, but rather a subconscious move that I came to feel made me realize that Joe wasn't going anywhere. That it was okay to really love again. I can now, once again, go to sleep knowing that feeling, that connection and it's great! Thank you Joe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


The pictures were taken today. We're getting ready to attend our first Ward social here. Doesn't Joe look great after about nine weeks of basically being homebound?!

No comments:

Post a Comment