Saturday, March 14, 2009

Post Secret Is Coming!


For those of you who have read my blog, you know how much I enjoy the website http://postsecret.blogspot.com/. It's a weekly ongoing gallery, started in 2005, where people anonymously mail in their secrets on one side of a postcard to a man in Germantown, Maryland. He's received so many they've now been published in at least four books and he has done many exhibits with the postcards across the country.

I discovered today that one of his exhibits will be coming to Billings, Montana beginning in October of this year at the Yellowstone Art Museum. I am putting that on my calendar since it's only a four hour drive and would make a nice weekend getaway for Joe and me.

Not all postcards are pleasant. Some are of a sexual nature, but there are the others that tug at your heart or make you cry or make you grateful for your life and family and friends. The postcards make you wonder about what happened to some of these people. Did the writing and sending of the postcard bring them happiness or make any change at all in their lives.

If you wanted to send a postcard, what would you write, I wonder. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment