Sunday, February 8, 2009

A New Post Secret

If you've read some of my blogs before, you know that I enjoy reading from postsecret.com about post cards that people send in to a man expressing their thoughts. There is a variety of feelings ranging from happy to sad thoughts. It had been a while since I'd checked in and this one really made me stop and think and I thought it worthwhile enough to share.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could echo the same thought as on this card? Don't we all want to have lived a wonderful life and got everything we wished for?

All in all I can say I'd have to agree with the card. Though there have been trying times in my life - divorce, loss of jobs, really bad mistakes, even every day living sometimes, isn't it nice that life doesn't stay crappy all the time? Isn't it nice to find out that one can weather the storm and come out on the good side? That sometimes if the crappy things in life didn't occur, then the great things couldn't and wouldn't have happened?

If I were to die tonight, I would know that for at least the last couple of months I have been rewarded by my Heavenly Father for all the trials of the last few years. Could I say that I was happy now? Yes, I'm happy, but it's much more than that...it's contentment, it's a peacefulness I've not had maybe ever in my life. No, life is not perfect here, but it's so much more than I'd have hoped for.

And, I know I have the love of family and friends and a most wonderful husband. I know that I can count on them for support, encouragement and true love as I've always been able to do. My parents always loved me no matter what embarrassment or pain I may have caused them. I know that Corey still loves his mother, that Nikki has grown to love me as I genuinely love here and that I have been blessed with a wonderful grandson who will one day think his Grandma Carol is someone he wants to spend time with and grow to love.

Lucky me!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I haven't read in aday or so! Be sure and check back for comments on all posts.

    ReplyDelete