Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Want, No I Need Some Fried Chicken!




There are some things you do not appreciate until you no longer have access to them. I have been dying for some fried chicken for a couple of weeks now - specifically Church's Fried Chicken. I haven't had any since before I left Tifton and can't recall having eaten a full piece of fried chicken since then.


For some reason, when chicken is fried out here, it is done until it is very dark brown and all the juices are gone. It is very hard and tasteless - even the Kentucky Fried Chicken is done the same way. So, yesterday I finally had to give in and fry my own chicken. It was very good, but didn't taste as good as Church's. I know it would have been better had I been able to drive down the road, stop in and get an entire dinner and all I would have had to do was eat it rather than prepare it.

I can see now what it's going to be like when we come for the reunion...

Saturday - Sonny's All You Can Eat Ribs
Sunday - Aunt Rachel's Chicken and Dumplings and all the other good southern food
Monday - El Cazador for some great Mexican buffet
Tuesday - The Wall
Wednesday - Golden Corral
Thursday - Ryan's in Valdosta
Friday - Ole Times Country Buffet
Saturday - A catfish fish fry

My lips are watering now just thinking of it. Go ahead and laugh. Just wait until I bring a bucket of Church's on the plane with me.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! We do the same thing whenever we go to Jacksonville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I am not spending the money to soecial mail food to you even though Oprah does it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a real bummer. I think we should just have a pot luck dinner while we're there and just have a table loaded with all my favorite missed foods. If there's anything left, then others may partake.

    ReplyDelete