Saturday, February 14, 2009

Grandma Carol and Derek Went Solo

While Corey and Nikki went out on an afternoon date on Valentine's Day, Derek and I went out on our own date. We left Grandpa at the apartment to hold down the fort since it was snowing heavily outside and we knew he didn't really want to spend time wandering around a craft shop on his crutches.

So, armed with a diaper bag, spare diapers and an emergency bottle out we went. I admit that I was somewhat nervous. After all:

1. It was snowing;
2. It had been a long time since I'd ventured out by myself with a one year old; and
3. It was my first outing with Derek all by myself.

All went well though as evidenced by the pictures. He loved sitting in the shopping cart and he never uttered a cry the entire time. He enjoyed popping his dimples out to any woman who came by and gushed about how cute he was. (Reminds me of someone else when he was that age. Hmmm, wonder who that might be)?

We made it home just in time for an afternoon nap and hopefully Derek will enjoy more trips like that with Grandma, and Grandpa, in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment