Monday, November 3, 2008

The Weekend Side Trip

No job hunting for me on Friday. I packed my suitcases and headed for Utah. It was a very, very long drive - especially when doing it by yourself - 8 hours long. But, it was well worth the drive! Why?
  • I arrived in time to see Derek dressed up as the world's cutest lop-eared bunny and then we all went out to dinner.
  • I got to be Grandma all by myself Saturday afternoon. Corey and Nikki went off to the temple with her family and so Derek and I had a great time together. He's so much fun to be with. Grandchildren are everything good and great that I'd been told about, but until you have one you just can't understand the difference between your child and your grandchild. I don't remember feeding and changing diapers being so much fun and later I got to spend some other time watching Derek get his bath.
  • Sunday was such a relaxing day. It just cracks me up when attending church in "Mormonland". You can see the chapel from their townhouse - you could walk to church. And then, it's funny when attending sacrament meeting - so many kids!!! It sounded like a daycare center during the meeting Sunday due to all the little people there. I don't see how anyone could make a change though. That evening we spent a fun evening playing games and visiting with friends of Corey and Nikki.
  • Nikki is a fantastic cook! I've never tasted anything she didn't make wonderfully well. Corey and Derek don't ever have to worry about starving to death as long as they live with her.
  • It was just so nice spending time with my son and his family!!!

I'm so blessed to have them in my life. Thanks for a wonderful, relaxing weekend and here's to many more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment