Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Official - Wyoming Or Bust!















Yes, today it became official that Joe and I and the furry kids will be the newest citizens of Casper, Wyoming. I received a phone call today from Navarro Research and Engineering which is affiliated with Rocky Mountain Oilfield Testing telling me I was hired. Waa hoo! I am going to be gainfully employed AGAIN!!!

This is all connected somehow to the Department of Energy. This is an actual picture of the oilfield where wells have been drilled.















And, this is a google shot showing the actual Teapot Dome oil field. Can you see my office? What?!?! It's right there. I can see it.


This is going to be me taking my 15 minute hot chocolate break in the warm sunshine in a month or so! When I stop and think about it, I start to laugh thinking about what I am about to do. I visualize myself standing butt deep in snow while the wind blows 40 mph in the middle of a Wyoming oilfield. And, I'm leaving the warm sunny South for this fun adventure.

So that you can plan your vacations accordingly, we will be just 6 hours to Yellowstone National Park; 2 hours into Nebraska; 4 hours from Denver, 2 1/2 hours to South Dakota; 2 hours to Montana; 5 hours to Utah; 6 hours to Idaho and lots of other fun and exciting places to explore. Remember, outta sight doesn't have to mean outta mind!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - congrats!! I am so happy for you guys! What a change of pace this will be for you two! When you get settled we want to come and visit! Best of luck with the big move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEREK SAYS YEA!!!! Grandma will be coming to see me more often YEA!!! although he isn't so sure what he thinks about the drive to wyoming but it will grow on him.

    ReplyDelete