Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Job Hunting - Day Whatever

Got my first glimpse of snow this morning while getting dressed. It was chunky snow kinda like vermiculite (those little while balls found in potting soil) and with the wind blowing 200 miles an hour it was fun watching the snow being blown across the parking lot like something out of a science fiction movie. This first snow lasted for only 30 minutes but it piled up on my window ledge and covered the ground. Then it all melted like it was never there.

The second snow began as I came out of the Chamber of Commerce after collecting my "Welcome To Casper" package. While walking to my car, one of the pieces of snow hit me in the eye and almost blinded me! The big snow is supposed to come tonight while I'm sleeping. 1-3 inches.

I made calls today and I'm still in contention for jobs I interviewed for and decisions are to be made in the next few days or couple of weeks. And, a law firm in Laramie put a chink in job hunting when they called and said they want to interview me. That will take place over the phone since I'm leaving on Monday. I really don't want to move to Laramie for whatever reason. I'm sure it's a wonderful place for someone, but not Joe and I. But, I will do the interview and see what happens. Have I mentioned before how hard it is to look for a job?!?! I'm still checking my work job sites in Georgia too.

---------------------------------------------------
Highlights today:
  • Buying gas for $1.96 a gallon;
  • Discovering an all you can eat buffet. (I wanted/needed vegetables so bad. However, the only vegetables were canned green beans, canned corn, canned mixed vegetables. Yuk!!! I can get that kind of stuff at home. Where was the steamed broccoli or cauliflower or lima beans or whatever? Even the mashed potatoes were bad boxed type). The best thing was the meatloaf;
  • The blowing snow;
  • Phone calls from Joe, Dad, Nikki and Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment