Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 6...And Counting

Today was the day that Joe was supposed to have his "tummy worm" removed. The doctor's office called before 10:30 this morning to let us know that the doctor was running late. The appointment was rescheduled for 2:30 p.m. We stopped packing, got ready and made the trip into town. After waiting for over an hour, Joe was finally seen by the doctor. However, they'd only wanted to check his healing around the catheter and had no plans at all to remove it today. Somewhere (over some 6 weeks ago) someone had definite miscommunication problems by telling Joe the surgery would take place today. So, we'll have to wait until we move and find a doctor there who can do the surgery. Goody, goody!!!

I woke up this morning with a terrific headache. I think it was just thinking about all the continued packing and sorting that had to get done today. I think the items are procreating while Joe and I are sleeping!!! I know LOTS of things have left this house, but it doesn't seem like we're making too much progress. I also got the entire office cleared and cleaned out today. Tomorrow should finish that and then it's on to the bedroom so that pieces of furniture there can be taken out on Friday.

Nikki calls me a couple of times each day to check on my progress since she's doing the same thing - moving this week. We try to outdo each other as to who has it worse. She seems to win when she throws in the "I've got a baby to care for while packing" sympathy angle. I use the "been living here 30 years and only have 13 days total to pull this all together" approach. I think we both come out about even. Just think, we'll both have new homes to show off when we visit later on.

On the job front, no changes on my new job. However, I did get a phone call from the University of Wyoming in Laramie wanting me to interview for a job. So sorry, but I missed out on that one. It would have been a great job too, but I didn't really want to move to Laramie.

Time to partake in some body rejuvenating time with the anticipation of more packing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment