Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Job searching continued - the *conundrum (kə-nŭn'drəm)

*A paradoxical, insoluble, or difficult problem; a dilemma...That definition pretty well describes the last several days of job searching. This is the conundrum -I could most likely get a job if I had a Wyoming address. But, it's hard to get an address without a job. Hmmm. And, then add in when people come from other parts of the state where you hadn't even been searching. I've turned down the opportunity for two state jobs in other parts of the state in the last two days simply because I won't be in Wyoming next week. I know there is enough of me to divide into two parts, but unfortunately that's not possible.

In between the job searches, I have also proceeded to look for potential housing. That's been fun trying to explain the potential homes to Joe. At least he's been with me to Casper recently so he's aware of the areas where I've searched out a couple of homes. And, I've been taking pictures so he can see them. When selecting homes, I'm having to also take into consideration a proper place for the furry kids and a place that Joe can have access to getting around AND a place that is not priced too much more than our monthly mortgage payment now.

Joe and I will have a lot of talking to do when I get home next week about our future. Do we stay in Georgia or do we pack up and move to Wyoming? This is one of those times when I wish someone would take away my free agency and tell me what I'm supposed to do. Anyone know a church sanctioned physic? I sure could use one.

-------------------------------------------------

Weather note for today: The wind was blowing at least 200 mph today. Forget about fixing your hair. Mother Nature was the only blowdryer you needed today. It's supposed to begin snowing tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment