Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 7...And Counting

Well it's almost to the end of another day for me and I really don't feel that much progress has been made today. That's really sad and bad since we'll be gone by this time next week. I need a whole day home by myself and I think I could make a lot of progress...good luck on that one Carol!!! We did go have lunch with Mom and Dad today at The Wall, along with the missionaries, the Bishopric and Sister Bishop and other family members. It was bittersweet since that may have been the last time to eat with Mom and Dad for awhile. I hugged Katie and Chaing goodbye when we left. They've always been so sweet to us by sending a container of Mei Fun home when we went home.

I'll be taking Joe to the doctor tomorrow for his removal of the catheter tomorrow morning and that will impede progress again. I'm planning on taking Joe to Mom and Dad's to keep him out of the way for awhile at least.

It seems that I spent most of the day sorting through things. That is very time consuming but since we may be limited on space, I don't want to take more than necessary. I went through some of Corey's things that had been stored in the attic - Boy Scout items, old t-shirts, Legos, Teddy Ruxpin (but he won't be going since his mouth fell off), etc. Then there was an old box full of things of mine primarily from the 70's - old checks and statements, old love letters to Les, pictures of family members who look much, much younger, pictures of old boyfriends, etc. Lots of these things will great blogs some time in the future.

The Ritchie's came by tonight and brought some homemade cinnamon rolls and "Ritchie Rolls". Thank you! The were soooo good.

Oh, I also received an email from my future boss lady. I share it with you ...

Carol,
Looking forward to having you...provided you pass all the details with flying colors!
Bring warm clothes! You may need them by Dec. 1, but it is close to 60 out here today! (this is unusual!)


Once I get confirmation that you passed from Corporate - I will meet you at 5:30 a.m. in the Cottonwood Parking Lot on Monday, December 1, 2008. You will see all our pick ups backed into a line in the parking lot area. There will be others around that meet there too. Just ask for me or Kevin Cannon, whom you met, if you arrive before I do.

You can ride with me that day to the field. Hope you have a 4 wheel or all wheel drive vehicle however, as I do not always go to the field due to meetings, etc. so as we discussed during your interview you may have to drive yourself on numerous occasions. I have 2 other employees who go to the field as well so carpooling is always an option - provided they don’t have meetings back in town too. We always know each other’s schedule so this won’t be a hard thing to accomplish.
Thanks and have a safe trip to your new home!


If you have any questions, just call my office cell.

You know what this means?!?! I'll be getting up at 4:00 a.m. to go to work every morning. Now I know why we only work four days a week. But hey, just think of the fun, exciting work.

BTW - Georgia is having sympathy pains for us since we're moving to cold and windy Wyoming. It's doing the same thing here today and the temperature is supposed to drop to about 24 degrees tonight. Brrrrr!

1 comment: